Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's an honor to be nominated...

I've always wanted to say that...and now I can, thanks to RIANZ! 'Red Dirt Angel' has been nominated for a Tui: Best Country Album 2009!

...and if that weren't exciting enough, my upcoming single ("Cry Myself to Sleep") from the new CD "The Kitchen Table Sessions" is also nominated for APRA Best Country Song! Yeeeeeehaw!

For those of you in the Auckland area, please come out this Thursday and celebrate this exciting news at The Kings Arms with me...show starts at 8 pm. Not only will you get to see me and my full band of guitar strumming, banjo picking, bass thumping, fiddle (Marian Burns) and mandolin playing musicians, but, my lovely opening act are fellow nominees "The Heartleys". It's going to be a great show that you won't want to miss at only $10 a ticket :)

News release
May 4, 2009

Country music award finalists announced

Country music is in the spotlight as NZ Music Month gets underway with the announcement of the finalists for the RIANZ Best Country Music Album of 2009 and the APRA Best Country Song of the year.

Both awards are to be presented at the New Zealand Country Music Awards on May 29 in Gore.

Finalists for the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ) Best Country Music Album Tui are Annette & Kim for “Something Between Us”, Kylie Austin for “When It Rains” and Tami Neilson for “Red Dirt Angel”.

Tami Neilson is also a finalist for the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Best Country Song Award for “Cry Myself To Sleep”, the first single from her soon-to-be-released album "The Kitchen Table Sessions".

The other two finalists vying for the best song are Kayla Mahon, TaylorCairns and Andrea Cruickshank for “Facing The World” and Jess Chambers for “Stringing Me Along”.


So, there you have it, folks- cross your fingers for me on 29 May and I'll let you know how it goes....*crossing my fingers so hard I'm losing circulation* hehe.